Sunday, April 17, 2011

INTENTION

In response to some doubts, questions and misapprehensions, please note that I started this blog with no cut-and-dried intention other than to support the re-election of Barack Obama in 2012.

That said, I do want to avoid the harsh polemics that I find on other left-leaning blogs: this one is not about airing disappointments and frustrations--many of which I share to a greater or lesser degree, but find unproductive. As I see it, there are many excellent reasons to support Obama, along with many terrible reasons to desert him. It's the former that I'd prefer to put out in these pages, as we move toward the 2012 election, in well-reasoned, readable prose.

There is a huge difference between Obama's vision and that of his political opponents, whose current, obstructive power we have good reason to deplore. I'd like this blog to give voice to those many people I talk to--and hear from--who think the President is fighting the good fight in the best way possible in today's poisonously, even hatefully, negative political arena.

AND I'm hoping for help from anyone who gets what I'm trying to do.

No comments: